How to configure and sign in to Skype for Business, aka MS Office Lync (for Windows)
A note about user type differences:
The process for signing into Skype for Business (MS Office Lync) may differ for some users. The following instructions should work for all users, however at some point during the sign in process you may or may not receive the same popup windows or screens as seen below. If this is the case, just proceed to the next step(s).
1. Once you launch the Skype for Business client the following popup will display. Enter your email address in the Sign-in address field and click Sign In.
If you prefer to, you can specify the sign in status at Sign in as (i.e. Available, Busy, Do Not Disturb, etc.).
2. Enter your password and click Sign In.
3. In most instances the following popup will be displayed. Click the OK button to continue the sign in process.
4. On this screen a User name field now appears in addition to the Sign-in address and Password.
Note that the User name field is populated with the same information that you provided for the Sign-in address. This is incorrect and needs to be changed!
Change the user name to your Enterprise Messaging (EM) Logon by appending @ad.ucla.edu to it (e.g. email@example.com), retype your email password and then click Sign In.
5. A popup will appear asking you to confirm that this server is trusted for your sign-in address:
Since the em.ucla.edu server can be trusted, check the Always trust this server, do not show me this again checkbox and then click Connect.
6. Congratulations! You have now successfully signed in and can start using Skype for Business.