How to configure and sign in to Skype for Business, aka MS Lync 2011 (for Mac)
Notes before you start:
Currently there is not a Skype for Business client available for the Mac. Mac users are encouraged to continue using Lync for Mac 2011.
The process for signing into Skype for Business (MS Lync) may differ for some users. The following instructions should work for all users, however at some point during the sign in process you may or may not receive the same popups or screens as seen below. If this is the case, just proceed to the next step(s).
1. Once you launch the Lync 2011 client the following popup will display.
2. Fill the fields as follows:
- Email Address: Your International Institute e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign in as: Select Automatic
- User ID: Your Enterprise Messaging (EM) Logon by appending @ad.ucla.edu to it (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your email password
Click Sign In.
3. Congratulations! You have now successfully signed in and can start using Lync 2011.
Published: Wednesday, July 29, 2015