Youssou N'Dour and Fathy Salama's Cairo Orchestra
UCLA Live presents internationally known artist Youssou N'Dour.
Saturday, November 12, 20058:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Dubbed “The West African Sinatra” (New York Newsday), the Senegalese-born singer Youssou N’Dour is one of the most exciting and universally appealing musicians since Bob Marley, combining African musical traditions with world-pop inspiration.
This remarkable concert combines N’Dour’s divine vocals and Senegalese rhythms with the hauntingly lush orchestral arrangements of Egyptian and Arabian devotional music. The New York Times called the collaboration “a statement of trans-Saharan African unity, a profession of Islamic faith and, most of all, a collection of humble, loving affirmations, with strings shadowing and fluttering around N’Dour’s exquisite vocals.”
UCLA Central Ticket Office
Handling and Facility Fees -- there are additional fees above the individual ticket prices:
- Single Tickets are charged $4.50 handling fee per ticket purchased online, and $4 handling fee per ticket otherwise.
- Choose Your Own Series are charged $12 per order handling fee online or otherwise.
- Series Subscriptions are charged a $6 per series handling fee online or otherwise.
- All tickets are charged a facility fee of $2 per ticket. Series Subscription package prices already include the facility fee.
- All online orders are assessed an additional $4.10 online processing charge.
Cost : Ticket prices $60, 50, 40; parking is $8. Ticket can be ordered via phone, fax, or online.
For more information please contact:
UCLA LiveTel: 310.825.2101