Cesaria Evora in Concert
UCLA Live presents the legendary diva from Cape Verde.
Friday, March 17, 20068:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA 90095
After numerous sold-out UCLA Live engagements, the legendary barefoot diva returns to Royce Hall to perform the wistful, minor key ballads of her native Cape Verde. Singing in Portuguese-Creole, her rich, smoky-soft alto voice, quivering with emotion, has been compared to Billie Holiday, Celia Cruz, Edith Piaf and Bessie Smith.
“Evora is that rare performer whose casual execution belies the complexity of her art … her warm, honey-colored tones and ‘voice of experience’ delivery imbue her recordings with an emotional immediacy that transcends language barrier” [Time Out, New York]. “Her voice is at once noble and heartbreaking, her music a sensual slow dance toward an inevitable abyss.”— The New York Times
UCLA Central Ticket Office
Handling and Facility Fees -- there are additional fees above the individual ticket prices:
- Single Tickets are charged $4.50 handling fee per ticket purchased online, and $4 handling fee per ticket otherwise.
- Choose Your Own Series are charged $12 per order handling fee online or otherwise.
- Series Subscriptions are charged a $6 per series handling fee online or otherwise.
- All tickets are charged a facility fee of $2 per ticket. Series Subscription package prices already include the facility fee.
- All online orders are assessed an additional $4.10 online processing charge.
Cost : Ticket prices $60, 45, 35; parking is $8. Ticket orders can be placed via phone, fax, or online.
For more information please contant:
UCLA LiveTel: 310.825.2101