From Uganda to Texas - Biro
Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, writer, performer and director, brings to the stage his play depicting the plight of one Ugandan and his struggle in an ever-changing world.
Saturday, October 29, 20058:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Wed.-Sat., Oct. 26-29 at 8 PM; Sun., Oct. 30 at 7 PM
Los Angeles Premiere
Based on a true story, Biro candidly charts one man’s epic journey from the Ugandan insurgency of 1979 to a clandestine military camp in Cuba to a present day jail cell in Texas, poignantly illuminating the plight of Ugandans who have endured in the face of war, AIDS and dashed dreams. A 2004 New York Times Critics’ Pick, this eloquent and unflinching solo piece written and performed by Ugandan American actor and photographer Mwine, “has the ring of unvarnished reality, stained by tears and made bearable by laughter” [The Seattle Times].
UCLA Central Ticket Office
Handling and Facility Fees -- there are additional fees above the individual ticket prices:
- Single Tickets are charged $4.50 handling fee per ticket purchased online, and $4 handling fee per ticket otherwise.
- Choose Your Own Series are charged $12 per order handling fee online or otherwise.
- Series Subscriptions are charged a $6 per series handling fee online or otherwise.
- All tickets are charged a facility fee of $2 per ticket. Series Subscription package prices already include the facility fee.
- All online orders are assessed an additional $4.10 online processing charge.
Cost : Ticket prices $35, 28; UCLA students $15; parking is $8. Ticket orders can be placed via phone, fax, or online.
For more information please contant:
UCLA LiveTel: 310.825.2101