April 7 marks the 12th anniversary of the Rwandan genocide and is the first day of Camp Darfur exhibition and activities at the Lennox Middle School. Camp Darfur runs April 7 - 11 and consists of hands-on learning activities, films, video, speakers and legislators, live music, and education.
Friday, April 07, 20066:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Lennox Middle School
11033 Buford Ave.
Where the 405 and 105 meet near LAX
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Coming April 7 -- Camp Darfur -- open 9 AM - 9 PM, April 7 - 11
Opens on April 7 at 6 PM and runs through April 11
Children and adults are welcome. In addition to the daily camp schedule, here are some additional special events:
- Friday, April 7 - 6 PM - A coalition of religious, civic, and human rights organizations will officially open Camp Darfur. DJ Spooky hosts FilmAid International and Strongest Survivors Filmfest with Hotel Rwanda. Honored guests participating: Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Gabriel Stauring, Co-Founder, Stop Genocide Now.
- Saturday, April 8 - 6 PM - Sophiline Cheam Shapiro and the Khmer Arts Academy; Filmfest with Sorious Samura's Surviving Sudan.
- Sunday, April 9 - 2 PM - Interfaith gathering, special speakers, educators and musicians for family day. Films to include clips from Peabody winner Paul Freedman and Sudan Sunrise.
- Monday, April 10 - 6 PM - After a day of events for children, live music and Invisible Children with filmmakers.
- Tuesday, April 11 - 6 PM - Light a Fire Ceremony, live music and closing discussions.
For more information please contact:
UCLA Darfur Action Committee (DAC)Tel: 310-500-7776
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org