Informational Workshop for upcoming 2007-08 IGCC Internships, Fellowships and Faculty Grants.
- Washington D.C. International Affairs Internships
(UCLA deadline*: January 17, 2007 - IGCC Deadline: January 22, 2007)
$3000 Stipend + $500 Travel
Open to full time UC masters, professional school, medical school and pre-dissertation doctoral students from any discipline. (Masters students must have completed at least one year in graduate program. Pre-dissertation doctoral students eligible only during first or second year. Applicants do not need to be returning students.) Internship should provide experience relevant to academic and/or career objective.
(UCLA deadline*: January 26, 2007 - IGCC Deadline: February 1, 2007)
$16,000 stipend + up to $4,000 in travel/research (Oct-June, no fees or tuition)
Open to currently enrolled UC doctoral graduate students in any discipline, must have advanced to candidacy by June 30, 2007. Projects must be linked to international outcomes or have international implications. Multidisciplinary approaches and policy relevant work encouraged.
- Standard Dissertation Fellowship - JD/PhD, MDPhD and MD with Thesis are eligible. U.S. Citizenship not required.
- IGCC/UCDC Fellowships in Foreign Policy Studies - also provides opportunity to spend one academic quarter @ UCDC office in Washington D.C., with support from IGCC D.C. Representative to develop contacts appropriate to project
- IGCC Herbert York Fellowship - also provides opportunity to spend at least one academic quarter at Lawrence Livermore or Los Alamos Labs for applicants with research interests related to intersection of science and international policy
(UCLA deadline*: February 7, 2007 - IGCC Deadline: February 12, 2007)
Proposals accepted that demonstrate feasibility for becoming larger scale, foundation-funded IGCC projects and fall within IGCC's mission of understanding international conflict and promoting cooperation among nations in political, economic, and environmental affairs.
· Individual Faculty Research Award - up to $20,000
· Collaborative Faculty Research Award Incentive - up to $40,000 (via a collaborative project incentive of up to $20,000 for multi-campus efforts proposed)
*UCLA requires additional procedures for your application
You must submit a copy of your completed proposal to UCLA 4 business days BEFORE IGCC deadline. (More information on the procedure is available on BCIR website listed below).
More information available at www.international.ucla.edu/bcir
Applications available in December at www-igcc.ucsd.edu