Hurricane Katrina Commemoration Project Events
Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC) special events commemorating Hurricane Katrina. On Tuesday, November 7, Jervey Tervalon will discuss: “New Orleans Reconsidered: The Personal becomes Public.”
Tuesday, November 07, 20061:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Los Angeles Valley College
5800 Fulton Avenue
Valley Glen, CA 91401
Tuesday, November 7, 2006 -- Monarch Hall Auditorium:
- Speaker: Jervey Tervalon, Los Angeles Times Best-Selling Author
- Film: "When the Levees Broke" -- Parts 1 & 2
On Tuesday, November 7 @ 1PM, Author Jervey Tervalon, will lead the event with a talk: “New Orleans Reconsidered: The Personal becomes Public.”
Following this will be a screening of the HBO documentary “When the Levees Broke."
Wednesday, November 15 -- Main Stage Theater:
- Speaker: Michael Slate, Co-host, Beneath The Surface, KPFK 90.7 FM
- Film: "When the Levees Broke" -- Parts 3 & 4
Tuesday, November 21 -- Fireside Room, Monarch Hall:
- Community Dialogue: Forum on the Impact of Hurricane Katrina
- Moderator: Erin Aubry Kaplan, Columnist, Los Angeles Times
More info and events flyer can be found at www.lavc.edu (scroll down and click “Hurricane Katrina Commemoration Project”). Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-947-2486.
All events are free; donations welcome. Donations benefit Hurrican Katrina Students' Rebuilding Project. All are invited, and parking is free in all student lots!
For more information please contact:
Professor Tara LakeTel: 818-947-2486
Sponsor(s): African Studies Center, LAVC Hurricane Katrina Commemoration Committee, LAVC Academic Affairs, LAVC African American Studies, Black Student Union, M.E.Ch.A, Associated Student Union