Gospel Concert Benefiting Water For Children Africa
B.B. King presents "Hosanna," a gospel concert in support of Water For Children Africa, a charitable non-profit organization.
Sunday, April 01, 20071:30 PM - 5:30 PM
BB King's Blues Club
Universal City Walk
Los Angeles, CA
Featuring Honored Guests:
- Della Reese and Rev. William II Knight
Ministers at Understanding Principles for Better Living Church, Los Angeles
- Silent Auction -- 1:30-2:30 PM
- Lunch and Concert -- 2:30-5:30 PM
Information about this event forwarded from Dr. Iset Anuakan, CSU Dominguez Hills - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Water for Children Africa Info
- Water for Children Africa is now accepting donations to complete water projects in Yakamete,¨Kwa Kitaa, Kamuthanga, Kya Sila and Metuma Machakos District Kenya, and continues to pay secondary school fees for poor children in these rural villages. All your donations are tax deductible. MAIL DONATIONS to 1906 Olivebrook Ct., El Cajon, CA 92019
--On Sunday, April 1st, BB King Presents "Hosanna", at his Universal City Walk restaurant. This gospel concert benefit and silent auction will highlight Water for Children Africa, and feature special guest Rev. Della Reese. A wealth of talent will also be part of the program, including musical performances by Rev. Michael II Knight. The concert will include Sunday Brunch and special seating for ticket holders.
The event will spotlight pressing needs in the 21st Century of providing safe drinking water to rural African villages and caring for the thousands of children orphaned and affected by HIV/AIDs. In response to the problem that of lack of, or contaminated water poses (as many as 30,000 children die each day), Reverend Leo Sullivan founded Water for Children Africa in 1991. This summer, WCA, a non-profit charitable organization will deliver 41 water tanks to schools and districts in East Africa, and has conducted numerous missions to village throughout the continent, including South Africa and Ghana.
In addition, WCA has also paid and continues to supply tuition fees for secondary school age students and has plans to implement a skills center. A team of committed individuals and professionals are working to complete water projects in the villages of Yakamete, Kwa Kitaa, Kamuthanga, Kya Sila and Metuma in the Machakos District of Kenya. They will also deliver school supplies and HIV/AIDs "Life Kits" to mothers and children in Uganda.
Support and contributions can be made in THREE ways:
1) Purchase a ticket to the upcoming Gospel Concert fundraiser. Silver ($50), Gold ($75), and Platinum ($100) seating. Ticket price includes full-course Sunday brunch menu.
2) School Tuition Opportunity. Sponsor a child's school tuition.
3) Send in donations. Donations can be in the form of money orders and/or equipment. All your donations are tax deductible.
Visit the website at www.waterforchildrenafrica.org
For more info, contact (310) 243-3471.
All attendees receive lunch and may participate in the Auction.
Cost : $50 silver, $75 gold, $100 platinum – price reflects seating. To Order Tickets by Phone: (310) 427-5868 /(619) 517-6412 or Email: email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Water for Children AfricaTel: 310-243-3471
Sponsor(s): , BB King