Idealist.Org Non-Profit Career Fair for UCLA Students
Come to this career fair if you are interested in a career with a non-profit organization -- you'll get info about Full-Time Career Positions, Internships, Part-time Jobs, and Volunteer Opportunities.
Tuesday, April 15, 200811:00 AM - 3:00 PM
UCLA Ackerman Student Union Bldg.
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Information forwarded from Maciek Kolodziejczak, School of Public Affairs:
Over 60 nonprofit organizations recruiting for full-time, part-time jobs, internships, Panel Discussions. Register on-line (free). Check the www.idealist.org/fairs website and click on “Los Angeles.”
- AFL-CIO Organizing Institute
- Africa Initiative For The Needy Uganda
- AFTRA--American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- AIDS Project Los Angeles
- Andre Sobel River of Life Foundation
- Anti-Defamation League
- Association of Professionals and Students
- Australian Education International
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services
- Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Building Excellent Schools
- Center for Civic Education
- Center for the Pacific-Asian Family
- Children Uniting Nations
- Chrysalis, Los Angeles
- Citizen Schools
- City Year Los Angeles
- Commongood Careers
- Cure Autism Now Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation -- Southern California
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Environment America
- Foundation for Successful Solutions-Project T.E.C.H.
- Grassroots Voter Outreach, Nationwide
- Green Corps
- Greenpeace (San Francisco)
- GRID Alternatives
- Jewish Coalition for Service
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Jumpstart for Young Children
- Masa Israel Journey
- National Urban Fellows, Inc.
- New America Foundation
- Notre Dame AmeriCorps
- Ocean Park Community Center
- Peace Corps LA
- Protection and Advocacy, Inc. of California
- Proyecto LIDER
- SEIU United Healthcare Workers-West
- Seneca Center
- Service Employees International Union, Local 721
- Southern California Foster Family & Adoption Agency
- Teach California Charters
- The Fund for Public Interest Research
- The Help Group
- The Veggie Van Organization
- Tierra del Sol Foundation
- U.S. PIRG
- United Friends of the Children
- Women Against Gun Violence
- YES Reading
- Youth Service California
More organizations added daily.
Check http://www.idealist.org/if/idealist/en/CareerFair/RegisteredOrgs/default?career-fair-id=179 for additional employers attending.
Information sessions TBA
Student Activist Project at UCLA - http://www.studentgroups.ucla.edu/sgweb/details_frame.asp?OrgID=849
AMPPS: Association of Master of Public Policy Students - www.spa.ucla.edu/dpp/ampps
UCLA Labor Center - www.labor.ucla.edu
UCLA Community Programs Office - www.communityprograms.ucla.edu
Center for Civil Society - www.spa.ucla.edu/ccs
UCLA School of Public Affairs www.spa.ucla.edu
UCLA Career Center - www.career.ucla.edu
Don’t forget! Career Week, April 14 - 18, 2008
Visit http://career.ucla.edu/cw8/ for complete details and to reserve a seat. Here are a few sessions that might be of interest:
Monday April 14, 5pm, Career Center, Third Floor, Conference Room -- “Get Up, Stand Up” - Careers in Community Service & Advocacy
Have you ever imagined that you could end poverty, resolve family crises, or solve other pressing problems of the world? Careers in Community Service & Advocacy can put you on a unique path to be a part of the solution! Join a diverse group of panelists who are committed to changing the world – at the local, national and global level, and learn about the careers, organizations, agencies, and companies where you can turn your talents and your UCLA degree into something personally meaningful.
- David Broome, Assistant Director, UCLA Government & Community Relations, UCLA Alumnus
- Aneri Gandhi, Volunteer, City Year Los Angeles, UCLA Alumna
- Jillian Glazer, Nonprofit Staffing Coordinator, Action Without Borders, Idealist.org
- Brian Cross Guerrero, Volunteer, Peace Corps, UCLA Alumnus
- Stephanie Shapiro, Program and Volunteer Coordinator, Chrysalis
- Candice Stein, Grant Writer/Consultant, Write On Consulting Group
Monday April 14, 7pm, Career Center, Third Floor, Conference Room -- “So Fresh, So Clean” - Green Careers
Environmentalists, Scientists, Realists, Idealists, and all others with a dedication to being the solution that keeps our planet green. If you have a passion for the environment and want to discover career options where your commitment to the planet is of upmost importance, this Career Week session is for you! Hear from a variety of professionals who work in a broad range of careers that help keep our environment clean. Your passion for the environment could evolve into a fulfilling career. Find out how!
- John Duhl, Project Geologist, FREY Environmental, Inc., UCLA Alumnus
- Dr. Margaret (Peggy) Lobnitz, Corporate Technical Director, Air Quality Services, Weston Solutions, Inc., UCLA Alumna
- Mary Luévano, Policy and Legislative Affairs Director, Global Green USA, UCLA Alumna
- Meredith McCarthy, Programs Director, Heal The Bay
- Matt Peak, Director of Finance, CFX Battery, Inc., UCLA Alumnus
- Paul Smokler PhD, Vice President, ENSR AECOM, UCLA Alumnus
- Todd Sostek, Manager of Site Assessment and Remediation, San Diego Gas and Electric Company (a Sempra Energy Company), UCLA Alumnus
- Amy Walston, Principal Environmental Planner, Transportation Group PARSONS, UCLA Alumna
Friday April 18, 11am, Morgan Center -- “Around the World” - Jobs Abroad
Are you ready for an international adventure? Are you looking to pursue opportunities that could build a resume for future international employment? If so, this workshop is for you. Join our panelists as they share their international experiences and discuss the opportunities that helped them achieve their current position. Our panelists have worked and taught in international firms and organizations, ranging in fields from education and non-profit, to public service.
- Keith Gaddis, UCLA Graduate Student, Peace Corps Volunteer
- José Manuel Rodríguez Parente, Education Advisor, USC Spanish Resource Center
- Jeffrey B. Seely, Deputy Regional Director,Office of Foreign Missions, United States Department of State
Register on-line at www.idealist.org/fairs and click on "Los Angeles."
Cost : Free to UCLA students.
Sponsor(s): , Student Activist Project at UCLA,
AMPPS: Association of Master of Public Policy Students, UCLA Labor Center, UCLA Community Programs Office, Center for Civil Society, UCLA School of Public Affairs, UCLA Career Center.