"Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love" Film Opening in LA and Irvine
The highly-acclaimed documentary film "Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love" opens in Los Angeles and Irvine. It runs Friday, July 3 through Thursday, July 9 at the Laemmle's Sunset 5 theater in LA and in Irvine at Edwards University Town Center 6.
Friday, July 03, 2009
Laemmle's Sunset 5
8000 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA
Youssou N’Dour: I Bring What I Love
102 minutes, documentary, musical
Friday, July 3 through Thursday, July 9
Laemmle's Sunset 5
8000 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Show times: 1:30, 4:10, 7:00, 9:45pm
Q&A Sessions with director/producer Chai Vasarhelyi:
According to the Laemmle’s website, Chai Vasarhelyi, will do Q&A at Laemmle's Sunset 5 on:
- Fri, July 3 following the 7:00 show with intro for the 9:45 show.
- Sat, July 4 following the 7:00 show with intro for the 9:45 show.
- Sun, July 5 following the 4:10 matinee and 7 o’clock screening.
- Mon, July 6 following the 7 o’clock screening.
Location: The Theatre is on the corner of Sunset and Crescent Heights on the South side next to the Virgin Megastore.
Parking Info: Underground parking is available at the 8000 Sunset Complex. Three hours of parking is free with a validation from the theatre (ticket purchase required).
A music-infused cinematic journey about the power of one man’s voice to inspire change. Youssou N'Dour is the highest selling African artist of all time and has collaborated with musical superstars Bono, Neneh Cherry and Peter Gabriel. At home in Senegal, the Grammy-award winning artist is an inspiration for generations. The film—which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in September and has won Audience and other Awards throughout the world— chronicles N'Dour, a Sufi Muslim, as he releases a deeply personal and religious album called Egypt in the hope of promoting a tolerant face of Islam. Director Chai Vasarhelyi follows N'Dour for over two years – filming in Africa, Europe, and America – to tell the story of how he faces these challenges and eventually wins over audiences both at home and abroad.
Along with his music, Youssou is known for his humanitarian work and his businesses. Youssou has his own charity, the Youssou N’Dour Foundation, he’s an ambassador for UNICEF, he’s on the ONE campaign policy advisory board, and through his organization and others, he has assisted in the fight against malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and poverty in Africa. For more info, click on the website and then click on About the Film and then on About Youssou.
Other showings/opening dates – check local listings to confirm dates, check times, ticket prices:
- Irvine -- July 3 through July 9, Edwards University Town Center 6 - http://www.fandango.com/edwardsuniversitytowncenter6_aabhi/theaterpage - check website for show times
- Santa Barbara: July 17, Plaza de Oro Theater
- Montreal, QC: July 17, AMC Forum 22
- Southgate, KY: July 21, Cincinnati World Cinema
- Santa Fe, NM: July 24, The Screen
- Monterey, CA: July 31, Osio Cinema 6
- Atlanta, GA: July 31, Regal Tara Theater
- San Francisco, CA: July 31, Regal Stonestown
- Montclair, NJ: July 31, Clairidge Cinemas
- Roslyn, NY: July 31, Roslyn Cinemas
- Lake Park, FL: August 7, Mos’Art Theatre
- San Luis Obispo, CA: August 14, Palm Theatre
- Austin, TX: August 14, Regal Arbor Theater
- Dallas, TX: August 21, Angelika Film Center
- Houston, TX: August 28, Angelika Film Center
- Chicago, IL: August 28, Music Box
- Anchorage, AK: August 31, Bear Tooth Cinema Pub
- San Diego, CA: September 4, Gaslamp 15 Theater
- Honolulu, HI: September 11, Kahala 8 Theater
- Milwaukee, WI: September 25, Milwaukee Film Festival
- North Vancouver, BC: March 9, 2010, Capilano Cinema
Info below from Anne Broecker, Groovy Griot, the I Bring What I Love Outreach Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org:
Group sales questions? Email: email@example.com
Visit our website: http://www.ibringwhatilove.com/ and join our email list
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20862148780
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/YoussouNdourDoc%20 for exclusive videos and music!
Cost : $10.00
For more information please contact:
Laemmle's Sunset 5Tel: 323-848-3500
Sponsor(s): , Laemmle's Sunset 5 and Edwards University Town Center 6. Information is posted for informational purposes only and does not reflect opinions of or endorsements by African Studies personnel.