47th District Town Hall Meeting with Congresswoman Diane Watson & Major General Paul Eaton
Assemblymember Karen Bass and the 47th District People's Council present an Iraq War Town Hall. Karen Bass represents the 47th District which includes Westwood (and UCLA), Baldwin Hills, Culver City, Leimert Park, Hyde Park, Cheviot Hills, Ladera Heights, and Mid-City areas.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Hamilton High School Auditorium
2955 South Robertson
Two blocks north of 10 Freeway
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Get behind the headlines:
- Congressional hearings on Blackwater?
- 180,000 "military contractors" are in Iraq - Is this a new phenomena?
- Is the US moving toward a private military?
- What's really happening in Iraq and how does the war affect our community?
No End in Sight Documentary
- Portions of the award-winning documentary No End in Sight by Charles Ferguson will also be shown at the event.
Care packages for the troops in Iraq
Join the People's Council to help collect items for care packages for the troops in Iraq by bringing any of the following items to the town hall meeting:
- Disposable cameras
- Travel-size board games
- Energy bars
- Prepaid phone cards
- Hand and foot warmers
Congresswoman Diane Watson
Major General Paul Eaton - Charged with rebuilding Iraqi Armed Forces in 2003-04
Attendees do not have to be residents of District 47 to attend.
Cost: Free and open to the public; RSVP requested, but not required to Jenny Wood at 323-937-4747
For more information please contact
Jenny Wood-Office of Assemblymember Karen Bass