Darfur Week of Awareness - African Cultural Day
In an effort to increase awareness and activism about the ongoing genocide in Darfur, the Darfur Action Committee (DAC) at UCLA is hosting an entire week dedicated to Darfur: it's people, culture, trials, and future. There will be movie screenings, food, and information about what YOU can do to help!
Friday, February 29, 2008
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Schedule of Events for the Week:
Screening of the documentary "The Devil Came on Horseback"
- Thursday, February 28th, at 7pm in 1178 Franz Hall
- Followed by a panel discussion.
African Cultural Day
- Friday February 29th from 12pm-3pm in Bruin Plaza
- Featuring musical performances by African groups and the Tents of Hope exhibit.
A Cappella Benefit Concert for the Darfur Refugees
- Friday, February 29 at 7pm in Moore 100
- All proceeds go to benefit the victims of genocide in Darfur.
Letter Writing Campaign
- All week on BruinWalk from 10am-3pm.
Ackerman Gallery Art Exhibit Kickoff
- Open all week
Cost: Free and open to the public; pay-by-space and all-day parking ($8) available.
For campus map, directions, transportation options to UCLA, visit www.ucla.edu/map
For more information please contact
Sponsor(s): Darfur Action Committee