Health Care Reform Town Hall
Congresswoman Laura Richardson, Assembly Speaker Karen Bass, and Organizing for America present a special Sunday town hall meeting on President Barack Obama's Health Care Reform Initiative.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
The California African American Museum (CAAM)
600 State Drive in Exposition Park
Los Angeles, CA 90037
Confused about the hoopla surrounding the health care initiative? Want more info? Tired of confusing and misleading media coverage of town halls and healthcare reform? Then you might want to check out this town hall meeting.
Join Congresswoman Laura Richardson and Speaker Karen Bass for a community discussion about President Obama's national health care reform agenda. A panel discussion will take place with representatives from Organizing for America and the Los Angeles County Health Department, who will join the Congresswoman and Assembly Speaker in answering the community's questions.
Come with your questions and concerns as our Los Angeles community learns more about President Obama's plans to provide affordable, quality health care for all.
FREE and open to the public. RSVP requested to email@example.com
A capacity crowd is expected; event presenters are asking that attendees please arrive 20 minutes prior to event start time. So, check out the Museum exhibitions, then attend the town hall meeting. (See below for hours and exhibitions)
About Congresswoman Laura Richardson:
- Congresswoman Richardson serves the 37th Congressional District, which includes communities in Los Angeles County: City of Los Angeles, Carson, Compton, Long Beach, and Signal Hill, as well as UCLA.
About Speaker Karen Bass:
- Speaker Bass represents the 47th District in the California Assembly. The area she serves includes UCLA and Westwood, as well as Baldwin Hills, Culver City, Leimert Park, Hyde Park, Cheviot Hills, Ladera Heights and Mid-City areas.
This Forum's Community Partners are:
- Our Weekly Newspaper
- Community Coalition
- National Black MBA Assoc., Los Angeles Chapter
- 100 Black Men of Los Angeles
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity
- Platinum Star Public Relations
The Forum is held in conjunction with:
- The Urban Issues Breakfast Forum of Greater Los Angeles
Come out - Be Informed!
Visit and support the California African American Museum – free admission – then attend the Forum.
Museum hours: Sundays, 11 AM – 5 PM
- Inside My Head: Intuitive Artists of African Descent
- Tuskegee Airmen: The Journey to Flight
- In the Courtyard: Beyond the Literal
- African Americans Journey West (ongoing exhibit)
Cost: Free and open to the public; RSVP requested to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking at the Museum lot at Exposition Park usually runs $8; enter at 39th and Figueroa Streets.
For more information please contact
Speaker Karen Bass' Office Tel: 323-937-4747
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor(s): Information posted for informational purposes and does not necessarily reflect opinions of or endorsements by African Studies personnel.