Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations: "Mobilizing the Global Citizenry: the United Nations in a Changing World"
Join us for the Bernard Brodie Distinguished Lecture on the Conditions of Peace delivered by His Excellency Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations, and the presentation to His Excellency of The UCLA Medal.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
(Doors open at 8:30 a.m.)
Charles E. Young Grand Salon, Kerckhoff Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
VIDEO: To view the awarding of the UCLA medal click here.
VIDEO: To watch the Bernard Brodie Lecture delivered by His Excellency click here.
AUDIO: To listen to audio from the lecture click here.
NEWS: Voice of America (March 2, 2010); KPCC News Radio (March 1, 2010); UCLA Newsroom (March 2, 2010); China's Xinhua News Service (February 24, 2010); and other Korean media.
About the Speaker: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will address “Mobilizing the Global Citizenry: the United Nations in a Changing World.” A native of the Republic of Korea, the eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations brings to his post 37 years of service in government and on the global stage. As the former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, he played a leading role in bringing about a landmark agreement to promote peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula.
About the Lecture: Established in 1980, the Bernard Brodie Distinguished Lecture on the Conditions of Peace celebrates the memory of Bernard Brodie as an eminent scholar and teacher. This lecture series provides a special forum for dignitaries and scholars of politics, strategy, warfare, and peace to present their views to the UCLA community and the public.
- All registered guests will be required to check-in when they arrive. There will be a line for registered guests next to the venue in the courtyard of the Kerckhoff building.
- All registered guests will be asked to provide photo identification and may be subject to a security screening at the door.
- The standby line will be available the morning of the event -- please arrive early. There is no guarantee of admission.
- The standby line is restricted to UCLA students, faculty, and staff, and you will be asked to show UCLA identification.
- No recording is permitted at this event.
- Bulky items, such as backpacks, computer bags, briefcases, large purses, as well as electronic devices such as computers, recording devices, and cameras larger than compact cameras, ARE NOT ALLOWED at this event and will have to be checked at the door. Small purses are admissible but will undergo visual inspection.
- Items such as signs, banners, pamphlets, flags, posters, tripods, monopods, laser pointers, alcohol, weapons, drugs, noise making devices, fireworks, flashlights, or skateboards are not permitted at this event.
- Please be aware that this event will be recorded and filmed.
- Re-entry: you may exit the event at any time. If you would like to re-enter, please be aware that you have to re-register with photo ID, and submit to possible security screening.
- Parking is available in Structure 6 for $10.
- Inquiries: (310) 825-9796 or firstname.lastname@example.org