35th Anniversary Conference of the Society for Armenian Studies
Session 1. Thursday, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Medieval Literature and the Arts
Theo van Lint, Oxford University, Chair
• Andrea Scala, University of Milan, “About the Name of the Latin Language in Classical Armenian”
• Robert Thomson, Oxford University, Emeritus, “Armenian Biblical Commentaries: The Present State of Research”
• Sona Haroutyunian, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice,“Dante Alighieri and the Mekhitarist School of Translation”
Session 2. Thursday, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Medieval History and Culture
Anne Elizabeth Redgate, Newcastle University, Chair
• Sergio La Porta, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, “Cultural Interaction and Cultural Strategies in Post-Seljuk Armenia”
• Sara Nur Y?ld?z, Bilgi University, Istanbul, “Competing for the Il-Khan's Favor: Seljuk and Armenian Rivalry in Thirteenth Century Mongol-Dominated Anatolia”
• Tom Sinclair, University of Cyprus, “Coins, Trade, and Cities in Greater Armenia during the Il-Khanid Period”
Refreshments, 4:00-4:15 p.m.
Session 3. Thursday, 4:15.-6:30 p.m.
Researching the Contemporary Armenian Diaspora: Consolidating the Past, Situating the Future
Khachig Tölölyan, Wesleyan University, Chair
• Sossie Kasbarian, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, “From Exile to Empowerment – Reinvigorating the Concept of Diaspora: The Armenian Case”
• Aida Boudjikanian, Montreal, "The Literature on the Armenian Diaspora in France and Canada"
• Susan Pattie, University College London, “Twenty-First Century Armenians: Is Anyone Paying Attention?”
• Anny Bakalian, City University of New York, “Still Alive and Thriving: Assimilation and Identity among Armenian Americans in the 21st Century”
• Nelida Boulghourdjian, University of Buenos Aires, “Migration Studies in Argentina: The Armenian Case”
• Discussant: Aram Yengoyan, University of California, Davis
ARCHITECTURAL EXHIBIT BY US CHAPTER OF
ARMENIAN ARCHITECTS ASSOCIATON
Society for Armenian Studies
UCLA Center for Near Eastern Studies
UCLA Center for European and Eurasian Studies
USC Institute of Armenian Studies
National Association for Armenian Studies and Research
The Armenian Studies Programs of
Armenian Center, Columbia University
Armenian Research Center, University of Michigan-Dearborn
California State University-Fresno
California State University-Northridge
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
Banquet Sponsor: Armenian Educational Foundation
© 2013. The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.