- Urban Renewal and its Discontents: IBA 1984/87
A lecture by Esra Akcan, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Romani Routes: Cultural Politics and Balkan Music in Diaspora
A book talk with author Carol Silverman, University of Oregon, Anthropology. Discussant: Timothy Rice, UCLA, Ethnomusicology/Herb Alpert School of Music.
- Putin's Russia : What is in the Cards?
A public lecture by Yevgenia Albats, Editor-in-Chief, The New Times (Novoye Vremya).
- The Eurozone Crisis
A directed discussion with Barry Eichengreen, UC Berkeley, Economics and Political Science. Discussants: Ivan Berend, UCLA, History and Edward Leamer, UCLA, Economics.
- The Taste of Ashes: Hauntedness after Communism in Eastern Europe
A public lecture by Marci Shore, Yale University, History. Cosponsored by the UCLA Center for Jewish Studies.
- Migration, Ethnicity and Urban Inequality: Debates and Research Challenges
Plenary Session of the international graduate student conference, "Migration, Ethnicity, and Urban Inequality in Europe." Discussants: Rogers Brubaker, Adrian Favell, Marco Oberti, Roger Waldinger, Gokce Yurdakul.
- The Euro and the Future of Europe
A public lecture by David Andrews, Scripps College, Politics and International Relations.
- Inside the Radical Right: The Development of Anti-Immigrant Parties in Western Europe
A book talk with author David Art, Tufts University, Political Science. Discussant: Mabel Berezin, Cornell University, Sociology.
- Greece: Eurocrisis and Popular Resistance
Center for Social Theory and Comparative History Colloquium with Stathis Kouvelakis, Department of French, Kings College and Stergios Skaperdas, Department of Economics, UC Irvine.
- On Democracy in Russia - and Elsewhere
A faculty lecture by Richard Anderson, UCLA, Political Science.