UCLA Summer Travel Study: Registration opens on November 15th! Gives direct UCLA credit (units, grades, courses)
International & Area Studies:
Approved for IDS major and Global Health minor
Approved for the following majors: African & Middle Eastern Studies, Asian Studies, European Studies, Latin American Studies.
For details, please contact the counseling office in 10373 Bunche.
Student Travel Blog by Kristie Lin
Student Travel Blog by Kristen Jacob Approved for IDS major
Travel Blog by Lauren Hearne
Student Travel Blog by Lauren Walson
Global Studies Majors: Glbl St 110A and Glbl St 110B are required courses.
Global Studies Minors: Glbl St 110A and Glbl St 110B are optional courses.
- UC summer programs (check the particular UC school Summer sessions website)
- Education Abroad Program (EAP) Semester and year-long programs
- Non-UC Study Abroad Programs
Visit the UCLA International Education Office for a complete list of programs.
Get approval for your major.
1. Choose a Program
2. Select Courses if applicable. Some programs have already assigned courses.
3. Send course descriptions to your major/minor advising office for pre-approval.
4. Apply or register for the program
5. Submit official petitions upon your return
Check the IEO Scholarship page for a complete list of scholarships including the Global Studies Scholarship.