Postdoctoral AI fellowship in Singapore: Applications due Nov. 30
Five fellowships will be awarded for research in artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, and mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides an opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations at NTU and a Wallenberg AI,Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to a diverse and select group of 5 individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigor to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of
· Artificial intelligence,
· Machine learning,
· Big data and data analytics,
· Software and security, and
· Mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
For the first year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD$100,000.
- An annual salary of up to SGD$80,000.
- Relocation allowance and generous housing grant for entire duration of Fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the 5 focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTU.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the second year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU, followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden.
- Graduate with a Ph.D. degree and no more than 5 years of full-time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy.
- Be available to take up the position no later than 1 June 2019
HOW TO APPLY
The application for the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 is open from 1 October 2018 to 30 November 2018 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
Applications will be submitted in electronic format only (click here).
The following Supporting Documents have to be attached to the online application form. Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Cover Letter
2. Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
3. Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
4. Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, template for download)
5. Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
6. Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
For more information on the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018, please visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ppf
For more information on WASP, please visit http://wasp-sweden.org.
Queries about the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to forward this Call for Application to your team, partners and all potential applicants.