Study Business Spanish in Lima, Peru
Experience a dynamic summer in Peru studying Spanish for business, professional and cultural purposes.
Held June 20 - July 15, 2011
Through an intensive, four-week program at ESAN University in Lima, learn to communicate effectively in Spanish and utilize the language to discuss business and current events. In addition to classes, business and cultural field visits are arranged.
The program consists of four classes designed for speakers with a basic understanding of Spanish and ability to use the present
- Aspects of Peruvian Reality and History
- Communication and Social Context
- Spanish for Business
- Communicative Grammar
The program seeks to enable participants to communicate in business and professional situations. It is anticipated that students will develop verbal and writing abilities at a level above their initial proficiency level, which will allow them to use Spanish appropriately and effectively in the working environment.
The following are the specific objectives:
- Spanish courses aimed at developing language proficiency necessary for interacting in general, professional, academic and business situations. Participants will give presentations, attend lectures, participate in debates and discussions as well as develop reading and writing skills.
- Topics on Latin American social, cultural and historical issues that will provide a general overview of the region, including political and economic aspects, and which will help understand our kaleidoscope of idiosyncrasies, traditions and customs.
- Company and cultural visits that will give an insight into Peru’s business, cultural and history reality.
Students spend 72 hours in-class -- 16 hours for the MBA International Week, and 12 hours for the cultural excursions and business visits. The program is customized to the proficiency level of a homogeneous group of students in terms of oral skills and grammar knowledge. An on-line entrance diagnostic exam seeks to determine this group prior to the start of the program. The total cost of the program is $3,000 USD.
We are able to cope with individual level differences within a group of students through supplementary guided instruction, customized grammar courses for sub-groups and individualized activities and evaluation.
Students will receive academic credit from ESAN University. Please check with your academic institution to see if credit will transfer.
To update your information or to be removed from this list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Published: Tuesday, January 30, 2007