Government and Foundation Relations Manager Position Open at Legal Aid Foundation in the Crenshaw Blvd. office in Los Angeles.
Open until the position is filled.
FYI -- info forwarded from Carolina Sheinfeld at email@example.com - phone 213.640.3933
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE -- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
POSITION: Government & Foundation Relations Manager
LOCATION: 1102 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019
SALARY: $41,372 – $57,045/annual DOE, excellent benefits
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Continuous until position is filled
The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA) is the oldest and largest law firm for low-income people in California and is currently accepting applications for the position of Government and Foundation Relations Manager.
The Organization: LAFLA (www.LAFLA.org) consists of approximately 150 employees, and over 60 attorneys. The program has an annual operating budget of more than fourteen million dollars, and operates six neighborhood offices and four court-based offices.
The Office: The position will be based in our West Administrative Office which is located in Los Angeles on the corner of Country Club and Crenshaw Boulevard.
The Government & Foundation Relations Manager is directly responsible for:
- Responsible for management and execution of a fundraising program that secures both general and restricted funding from foundation and government donors. Develop strategies and/or plans to develop and cultivate long term, comprehensive relationships with local, state and national foundation & government funding sources;
- Partner with the Executive Director on the advancement of opportunities for the funding and development of new funding initiatives;
- Maintain a knowledge of the priorities, grants history and create relationships and a vision for opportunities for local and selected national foundations;
- Draft and submit grant proposals to foundations or government entities to secure funding for projects or activities;
- Maintain contact and be a liaison with persons in elected office or appropriate governmental departments to facilitate opportunities for financial support for program activities;
- Research the operations and success of projects underway in a variety of states and legal services programs that may be able to be implemented in LAFLA; and
- Undertake other activities assigned by the Executive Director that will improve the potential for funding of activities in LAFLA or the successful implementation of program activities.
- A BA/BS degree and a minimum of 1 year professional experience in a nonprofit environment in grants/project management, fundraising or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to advocate for a program’s mission.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, with very strong word processing, accounting spreadsheet, database and internet research skills.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational ability.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as a team player.
HOW TO APPLY - Please submit a resume to Diane Talamantez, Human Resources, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, 1102 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019. When the final hiring decision has been made, all applicants will be notified.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD - A one year probationary period will be required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability.
Info forwarded from:
International Human Rights Analyst
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
Torture Survivors Project - Immigration Unit
5228 Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
Fax: (213) 640-3911
For more info please contact:
Published: Wednesday, September 06, 2006
© 2013. The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.