Funding for research on Taiwan. Deadline: February 19, 2020
The Asia Pacific Center offers awards to UCLA faculty for research on Taiwan studies:
- Taiwan Studies Lectureship (TSL) Faculty Travel Grant for research or scholarly collaboration in Taiwan ($2,000).
- UCLA-NTNU Taiwan Studies Faculty Travel Grant fund travel for research or scholarly collaboration at National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) ($3,000).
- J. Yang Small Grant for Faculty Research for Taiwan studies research or projects, including collaborative research with one or more scholars from Taiwan, faculty-organized workshops and meetings, and/or mentoring undergraduate and graduate fellows ($5,000).
Each applicant may apply for all awards that fit the research or collaborative project described in the application. Faculty from any discipline may apply, but research incorporating topics or methodologies of the humanities or social sciences is preferred.
Application materials include:
- Brief proposal including purpose of project and if applicable, dates of travel to Taiwan
- Collaborating institutions and scholars in Taiwan
Apply for funding
The Asia Pacific Center is grateful to the Taiwan Ministry of Education, National Taiwan Normal University, the J. Yang and Family Foundation, and the UCLA Chancellor’s Centennial Scholars Match Initiative for their generous funding of these awards.
Deadline for 2020-2021: February 19, 2020
For more info please contact: