The UCLA Promise Armenian Institute, in collaboration with the UCLA Armenian Music Program announces the Annual Tigran Mansurian Composition Competition.
Students enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory in the state of California are invited to submit an original chamber composition inspired by Armenian culture, music, and/or history.
- The entrants must be students enrolled in a California college, university or conservatory during the year of entry.
- To encourage the creation of chamber music that demonstrates a tangible connection to Armenian art, culture, or history. Instrumentation: 2 violins, viola, cello, and voice, or any sub-group of this ensemble.
- The winning composer will receive a cash award of $2500, a public performance by members of the Armenian Music Program at UCLA, and a professional level recording. The Mansurian Prize is generously underwritten by Elizabeth and Justus Schlichting.
- The performance will take place within one year of the winning work’s announcement.
- Honorable mentions will be considered.
- The names of the winner(s), chosen by the distinguished jury, will be announced by June 1, 2023 on the websites of the UCLA Promise Armenian Institute and the UCLA Armenian Music Program.
- Application should include:
- Score and parts in pdf format (Audio (MIDI) recordings are encouraged but not required.)
- A brief bio/resume
- Verification of enrollment (transcript or letter from composition professor).
- No entry fee.
- Send all parts of the application to email@example.com, by May 1, 2023. Use subject line Tigran Mansurian Composition Application. Late submissions will not be considered.
- For more information and questions, please contact: Professor Movses Pogossian, Director, UCLA Armenian Music Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
to see other funding opportunities offered by the Promise Armenian Institute.