Ministry of Education, People's Republic of China
The HSK Winner Scholarship scheme was established by the Ministry of Education of China as an encouragement to individuals who achieve outstanding results in HSK test (Chinese Proficiency Test) held overseas. The Ministry of Education of China has entrusted China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to administer the recruitment and the daily management of the scheme.
Category of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Chinese language student: up to 1 academic year
The applicants may apply to CSC through Chinese diplomatic missions or the HSK test holding unit in their home country. The time for application is normally from the beginning of January to the begining of April.
Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
Applicant's native language is not Chinese.
Applicants must have taken part in the HSK test held in
the previous year and must have obtained the Certificate of Chinese Proficiency Test with excellent results in the test.
Applicants must have finished senior high school and be under the age of 40.
Details of the Scholarship
- exemption of registration and tuition fees, free basic learning materials, and free accommodation
- provided with the same free medical care as the Chinese students
- monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the institution at the following rates (CNY yuan per month): w CNY 1,100 yuan
- settlement subsidy (once only and after registration)
- w CNY 300 yuan for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months
- w CNY 600 yuan for those whose period of studies in China lasts at least one academic year
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly.
- Application Form for HSK Winner Scholarship (printed by CSC), one original and one photocopy, have to be filled in Chinese.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese and English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
- Certificate of Chinese Proficiency Test (photocopy)
- Transcript of HSK Test (photocopy)
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The relevant Chinese diplomatic missions or the organizer of the HSK in the applicants home countries shall put forward the above materials to CSC by April 30th 2004. CSC will not accept individual applications.
Approval and Notification
- CSC will review all the application materials it receives from the appointed authorities and CSC is authorized to make necessary adjustments on the applied institutions, specialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to different institutions and the final decision whether to admit the applicants or not will be made by them.
- The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete. Finalized placements, specialties and duration of studies are in principle not to be changed.
- Accepted students will be officially awarded the HSK Winner Scholarship after approval from the Ministry of Education of China.
4). CSC will send the Confirmation of HSK Winner Scholarship, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the scholarship awardees via the relevant Chinese diplomatic missions or the HSK organizers by July 31st 2004.
Official Address of China Scholarship Council
Address: No.160 Fuxingmennei Street, Beijing 100031, P.R.China
Tel: 0086-10-66413253, 66413132