Monday, April 12, 2021 - Friday, April 16, 2021
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Pacific Time)Click here to register
April 12-16, 2021
5:00 - 7:30 p.m.
April 13-17, 2021
8:00 - 10:30 a.m.
China Standard Time*
*Timings are approximate.
A notable technology-driven transformation is occurring in the Greater China region. Leapfrog innovation is evident in many areas including artificial intelligence, payments and high speed, 5G mobile networks. Steady advances in AI, robotics and internet services are disrupting traditional industries and enabling new business models. Technology-based transformations in sectors such as healthcare, education, and transportation are helping address societal issues too. The ability to understand Greater China’s unique environment and context is an essential element of “contextual leadership” — understanding the uniqueness of Greater China but also understanding innovation practices of interest for the rest of the world.
- Is the Greater China region eclipsing the U.S. with commercial technology-based innovation?
- What are the promising areas of innovation and where will the next technology-based value creation occur in the Greater China?
- Are Greater China’s “successes” replicable in other countries?
- Can areas of common challenges in impact-driven sectors such as education and healthcare drive cooperation and shared learning?
- What are the key enablers and elements required to advance technology commercially and what do leaders need to understand to succeed in this complex, ever-shifting landscape?
The 2021 Wilbur K. Woo Greater China Business Conference will bring together leading executives, innovators, influencers and investors from a variety of impact-driven sectors for a series of conversations to address these questions. Experts will share their thoughts and perspectives on how technology is driving the transformation of society, enterprises, and consumers around the world with a focus on Greater China and the U.S. and the contextual leadership that is imperative in the evolving global economic landscape.
Schedule and details of each session are available on the conference website.
Click here to register
Sponsor(s): Asia Pacific Center, Center for Chinese Studies, UCLA Center for Global Management, UCLA Easton Technology Management Center