Burkle Center Podcasts Ranked in the Top Ten of International Relations Podcasts Worldwide
The Center for Security Studies in Zurich, Switzerland, ranks Burkle Center podcasts as among the best of all international relations podcasts.
Published: Tuesday, September 22, 2009
"...the UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations provide audio and video files of speeches and public lectures held at the schools on a wide variety of topics and often by high profile speakers."
This article first appeared in the ISN Blog on September 22, 2009 by Kaisa Schreck.
International Relations Podcasts- The Best and the Brightest
In the same vein as our list of interesting international relations actors on Facebook, we put together a list of interesting audio sources for you to explore (again, in random order).
1. Council on Foreign Relations Podcasts
2. London School of Economics Public Lectures and Events Podcasts
3. UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations Podcasts
4. World Radio Switzerland Podcasts on International Relations
5. The Economist Audio and Video
6. Carnegie Council Podcasts
7. C-SPAN Radio
8. New York Times World View Podcast
9. BBC Radio From Our Own Correspondent Series
10. World Politics Review Podcasts
Some, like C-SPAN, provide a live stream of congressional events, speeches and hearings (often on foreign affairs); others offer insights into current affairs drawn from expert interviews, while the Economist, for example, provides audio summaries of their Special Reports and a weekly podcast outlining the key events to look out for in the days ahead. The London School of Economics and the UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations provide audio and video files of speeches and public lectures held at the schools on a wide variety of topics and often by high profile speakers.
And remember that we can also be found on the audio airwaves – enjoy ISN podcasts at home or on the go! Any other podcasters that deserve a mention?