Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship
National Academy of Education
Published: Wednesday, December 01, 2004
National Academy of Education/Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to promote scholarship in the United States and abroad on matters relevant to the improvement of education in all its forms. To that end, the Academy seeks to fund proposals that promise to make significant scholarly contributions to the field of education and to advance the careers of the recipients.
Up to thirty Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded in 2002. Applications are judged on the applicant's past record and the quality of the project proposed. Selection will be made by a committee composed of members of the National Academy of Education.
*This is a NON-RESIDENTIAL FELLOWSHIP; international applicants are encouraged to apply.
* Applicants must have received their Ph.D., Ed.D., or equivalent research degree between January 1, 1996 and December 31, 2001.
* Applications must be made by the individual applying for the Fellowship; group applications will not be accepted.
* Employees of the Spencer Foundation or the National Academy of Education are not eligible.
Fellows will receive $50,000 for one academic year of research, or $25,000 for each of two contiguous years, working half time. Fellowships must begin during the 2002-2003 academic year.
November 29, 2001 - Complete application materials (including three recommendations) must be received at the address below by this date.
Application and for more information
Completed application packets include 6 copies of the following materials:
1. Application form (including one original copy with signature)
2. Project Description
3. Career History
4. Examples of Past Research Relevant to Education
5. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
6. Previous Years' Project Summary (repeat applicants only) AND
7. 3 signed and sealed envelopes containing Referee Forms
8. A stamped and self-addressed postcard
For complete guideline and application information please refer to the website at http://www.nae.nyu.edu or write to the address below. Applications will not be sent after November 15, 2001.
*Application forms are also available at 1252 Murphy Hall.
For more information
Come by 1252 Murphy Hall, UCLA or contact the foundation at