Political Science Majors/Minors
Information about studying abroad for Political Science majors/minors.
Published: Thursday, January 05, 2006
Where to go
Political science majors at UCLA have studied abroad in numerous countries. Click here for EAP system-wide recommendations for students of political science. Check it out!
What classes to take
All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major/minor department has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.
Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.
Pre-approved EAP course lists for Political Science
Note: These are not comprehensive lists. Other courses may be approved for Political Science credit.
EAP Coursework Guidelines for Political Science Major/Minor
Note: the following guidelines are subject to change. Please see your major/minor advisor for up-to-date information.
EAP Unit Limits for Major
- Total number of EAP Upper Division Units that can be applied: 4 courses
- Total number of EAP Lower Division Units that can be applied: See counselor
- Total number of EAP Combined Upper and Lower Division Units: 8 courses
- Total number of EAP Units that can be used to fulfill a language requirement: N/A
EAP Unit Limits for Minor
- As of winter 2007 courses from study abroad programs can no longer be applied to the Political Science minor.
- A grade of D- or above will receive credit, but students must maintain an overall GPA of 2.0+ in their major