South Asian Studies Minors
Information for South Asian Studies Minors interested in EAP.
Published: Friday, March 24, 2006
Where to go
South Asian Studies minors are strongly encouraged to study abroad at one of the EAP sites in India, which include the University of Hyderabad and the University of Delhi. This coursework and field experience help to round out the South Asian Studies program, and help to prepare the student for advanced academic work relating to the region, or careers in international development, NGO work, or a range of other options.
The UC Education Abroad Program also offers three special features to help you choose the right program.
- The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
- The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.
- An up-to-date list of pre-approved EAP courses will soon be available.
What classes to take
All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your minor department has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.
Courses are approved on a case by case basis. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward the minor. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.
EAP Coursework Guidelines for South Asian Studies Minor
Note: the following guidelines are subject to change. Please see your minor advisor for up-to-date information.
EAP Unit Limits for Minor
- Total number of EAP Upper Division Units that can be applied: 8 units
- Total number of EAP Lower Division Units that can be applied: No limit
- Total number of EAP Combined Upper and Lower Division Units: 12 units
- Total number of EAP Units that can be used to fulfill a language requirement: No limit
- Major: A grade of C or above will receive credit.
- Minor: A grade of D- or above will receive credit.