Skip Navigation

Environmental Science Majors

Information for Environmental Science students interested in EAP.

Where to Go

Environmental Science students at UCLA can study abroad in a diverse range of countries, including but not limited to Australia, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, and the United Kingdom/Ireland. The best way to choose is to look over the options and consult with your UCLA Education Abroad Program counselor and your major/minor advisor.

The UC Education Abroad Program also offers three special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.
  • An up-to-date list of pre-approved EAP courses will soon be available.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major/minor department has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.

Institute of the Environment Contact

Sigrid Rian
Student Affairs Officer
Office: 300 La Kretz Hall
Telephone: (310) 206-9193
Drop-in hours: 2 - 4 p.m. Monday and Thursday
Department website

Education Abroad Program