- "No Exit from Pakistan: America's Tortured Relationship with Islamabad" - Daniel Markey
A talk by Daniel Markey, author. Prof. Stanley Wolpert, emeritus professor in the UCLA Department of History and a foremost authority on Pakistan will provide the response.
- “Jihadism in the West and the Predicament of Domestic Counter-terrorism” - Jytte Klausen
A talk by Jytte Klausen, Professor of International Cooperation, Brandeis University.
- "Treasury's War: The Unleashing of a New Era of Financial Warfare" - Juan Zarate
A talk by Juan Zarate, author
- "The Strategy of Connection" with Anne-Marie Slaughter
Please join us for a talk with Anne-Marie Slaughter, CEO of the New America Foundation, Professor Emerita of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University, and former Director of Policy Planning for the United States Department of State.
- The Crisis in Syria - a panel discussion with Dalia Dassa-Kaye, Bennett Ramberg and Daniel Treisman
Please join us for a panel discussion regarding the current crisis situation in Syria with panelists RAND Political Scientist Dalia Dassa Kaye, Global Security Seminar Director Bennett Ramberg, and UCLA Political Science Professor Daniel Treisman. This panel will be moderated by UCLA Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala.
- "Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry" UCLA Human Rights Film Series
Please join us for a documentary screening and panel discussion of "Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry," as part of the UCLA International Human Rights Film Series.
- The Bernard Brodie Distinguished Lecture on the Conditions of Peace with Ambassador Ryan Crocker: "The Arab Spring and US Interests"
The UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations proudly presents the 2012-13 Bernard Brodie Distinguished Lecture on the Conditions of Peace featuring Ambassador Ryan Crocker. This event is co-sponsored by the UCLA Program on Central Asia, the UCLA Center for India and South Asia, The UCLA Center for Middle East Development, and the UCLA Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for Israel Studies.
- International Career Panel
The 2013 International Career Panel hosts Brooke Christopher, Holly Derheim, and Erroll Southers. This panel provides insight about various fields and professions in the international arena, and guide students on how to best prepare for international careers. Alexandra Lieben, Deputy Director of the UCLA Burkle Center, moderated the discussion.
- Arnold C. Harberger Lecture on Economic Development with Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, Columbia University: "What Causes Economic Growth? Two Centuries of Global Evidence"
The UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations proudly presents the 2012-13 Arnold C. Harberger Distinguished Lecture on Economic Development featuring Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute and Professor of Sustainable Development, and of Health Policy and Management at Columbia University. This event is co-sponsored by the UCLA Anderson School's Center for Global Management, the UCLA Law School's Emmett Center on Climate Change & the Environment and the Environmental Law Center.
- "Tested by Zion: The Bush Administration and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict" with author Elliott Abrams
Please join us for a talk by Elliott Abrams, former deputy assistant and deputy national security adviser to President George W. Bush, about his new book, "Tested by Zion: The Bush Administration and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict." Comments will be provided by Prof. Steven Spiegel, Director of the UCLA Center for Middle East Development. This event is co-sponsored by the UCLA Center for Middle East Development and the Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for Israel Studies.