Aurora Challenge Grant
The grant will be awarded to a citizen of the US who resides in California and has a unique dream, in any field of endeavor, which is related to Japanese culture and which it would never be possible to realize without traveling to Japan between fall of 2005 and summer of 2006.
1. Must be a citizen of the USA residing in California.
2. Must have a unique and voluntary dream or challenge which requires travel
to Japan between fall 2005 and summer 2006.
3. Must be available for an interview in person or by phone.
4. Must be able to attend the award ceremony to be held in September 30, 2005
in Los Angeles (If the recipient is not living in the Los Angeles area, travel
expenses and accommodations will be covered by JLSF).
All applications must be postmarked on or before May 16, 2005, and
Aurora Challenge Grant - JLSF
3127 Nichols Canyon Road
Los Angeles, California 90046
The winner will receive a $3,000 scholarship and roundtrip air tickets from
the USA to Japan (economy class).
Application and for more information
1. Completed application form
2. Current resume / biography
3. Materials supporting the applicant's project or concept, if applicable
(such as photographs, video, visual aids, etc.)
4. Photograph of applicant (optional)
5. Two letters of reference
6. A typed letter no longer than 3 pages on 8½" x 11" (double spaced, font
size 10pt or 12pt) that describes the potential scholarship recipient and the
project. The letter should include the applicant's background, goals, current
activities, and a detailed description of the proposed activity in Japan, and
a proposed budget (excluding airfare between the USA and Japan)
Published: Thursday, February 24, 2005