English Conversation Program (ECP)
English as a Second Language Instructor Training Program now accepting applications
The Dashew International Center's English Conversation Program is currently accepting applications for volunteer English conversation program instructors for the upcoming academic year. The English Conversation Program (ECP) is a series of classes designed to help international students improve their oral skills in English. Classes are taught by volunteer instructors who are interested in gaining valuable experience in teaching English as a Second Language. The Fall 2006 ECP session will run from October 9 to December 1, 2006.
Here are some of the benefits of participating:
- Resume enhancement – Most employers value teaching and volunteer experience. This is a great way to gain skills and enhance your resume.
- Relaxed environment – Instructors meet and interact with people from all over the world, exchanging perspectives and building relationships. It's an excellent entry into the world of ESL teaching.
- Hands-on experience – This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about the career of teaching English as a Second Language and get hands-on experience in the classroom.
- Curriculum support – You will be provided teaching materials designed to help you teach conversation effectively: a teacher's manual with detailed instructions, student books and additional resources.
- Convenient location – The Dashew International Center is located on the UCLA campus in Tom Bradley International Hall, next to Dykstra and De Neve residence halls
Instructors are required to attend an evening training session held during Week 1 of the quarter.
Please read below to learn more about the program. If you are interested in applying, contact Cynthia Palafox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cynthia Palafox, Program Coordinator
Dashew Center for Int'l Students and Scholars at UCLA
106 Tom Bradley International Hall
Published: Tuesday, September 26, 2006