Full-Time Research Assistant-CAL
The Center for Applied Linguistics is currently seeking a Full-Time research assistant.
Division/Program: Language Education and Academic Development Division (LEAD)
Time Commitment: Full time
Salary: $42,000 to $50,000 FTE per annum, depending upon qualifications
Position Available: Immediately
Description of Duties:
Work as part of a team on research, curriculum development, and professional development projects in the areas of sheltered instruction and ESL/bilingual education.
- Assist in developing literacy curriculum for first through eighth grade language minority students.
- Plan and conduct professional development workshops for teachers related to the development of English language and content area knowledge in language minority children and youth.
- Maintain project files.
- Correspond with co-researchers, other colleagues, project teachers, and others as needed.
- Assist in proposal development.
- Respond to inquiries about projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Note: Some travel will be required
Education: Must have at least an M.A. in ESL or related discipline.
Experience: Must be knowledgeable about language and literacy instruction in K-8 ESL or bilingual classrooms in the U.S.; must have mainstream classroom teaching experience in the U.S.; must have good writing skills (in English), organizational, and computer skills; and must be able to work both independently and with colleagues.
Note: The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with INS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the
If interested, send resume and cover letter to:
CENTER FOR APPLIED LINGUISTICS
ATTN: Recruitment 07-07
Or respond by e-mail to: email@example.com, Attn: 07-07
Published: Thursday, May 24, 2007