LA Language World Online Magazine Internship
Online since February 2007
Internship Opportunities Available
-Get journalism experience by writing about the more than 100 languages spoken in L.A. communities.
-Learn about "foreign" languages in your city.
-Help to define a new publication.
Some of the internship responsibilities include:
- Seek out stories on how bilingual and multilingual Angelenos use their languages.
- Research language-related issues, trends, and scholarly projects.
- Conduct interviews.
- Evaluate and synthesize information.
- Write features, reviews, and profiles.
- Get involved in every aspect of online magazine production, including photography and multimedia.
Applicants should have strong writing skills, a good eye for news, and a prior interest in language. Bilingual and multilingual applicants are strongly preferred (and all languages are valued alike).
Duration of internships is negotiable, with a three-month minimum. We ask for ten to fifteen hours of work per week and accept applications year-round. The internships are unpaid.
Apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and writing samples (no attachments) to:
Kevin Matthews, Editor
***Students welcome to apply***
LA Language World is a monthly online publication that looks at one city's linguistic diversity case by case. It fosters greater public understanding of the community and academic research into language.
To learn more about LA Language World, visit the website at: http://www.lalamag.ucla.edu
Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2007