Heritage Language Conference at UCLA: CALL FOR PAPERS
NHLRC will be hosting our second international conference on heritage/community languages March 7 & 8, 2014 at UCLA. We hope to have a great turn out again in 2014. Please help us by sending out this call for papers. As you can see, we are seeking papers from various disciplines.
Second International Conference on Heritage/Community Languages
March 7-8, 2014
Covel Commons @ UCLA
Call for Proposals (Submission Deadline: August 31, 2013)
Our conference will focus on heritage/community language studies as a multidisciplinary field. We seek submissions from disciplines including but not limited to anthropology, demographics, linguistics, sociology, applied linguistics, policy, psychology, bilingualism, education, and assessment.
You are invited to submit a proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel. (A panel submission can accommodate up to four individual papers under a common theme.)
Proposal submission is a 2-step process:
1) Please file your proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel, here. Before submitting, you will be required to register and create a password, and then can log in to the system to submit your proposal.
2) In addition, to facilitate review and program organization, please complete an information form here.
(Please make sure to complete both these steps. Proposals will go out for external review, and our database capacity does not allow us to have a single submission site that can simultaneously process submissions, reviews, and program organization.)
Registration will open in November, 2013. Registration fees are as follows:
- Early registration (from opening through February 7, 2014): $225 for registrants other than graduate students; $125 for graduate students
- Registration after February 7: $275 for registrants other than graduate students; $150 for graduate students
- $75 to attend a pre-conference workshop on Thursday, March 6, from 4-7 p.m.: “Attending to the Needs of Heritage Language Learners in Mixed Classrooms.” Workshop registration will be available on the main conference registration site.
Published: Wednesday, June 19, 2013