Skip Navigation

Art History Majors/Minors

Information for Art History majors/minors thinking about EAP.

Where to go

Over fifty EAP universities offer coursework in Art History, and where you choose to study will depend on your individual interests and priorities. Students focusing on Asian art history should consider a university in Japan, South Korea, China, or Hong Kong. If art ranging from Medieval to Modern is your interest, there are excellent programs in Italy, Spain, France, the UK and Ireland.

In addition, the UC Education Abroad Program offers two special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor by bringing the syllabus for each class they want to transfer over. Syllabi should have a weekly description of what is covered in the class. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.

EAP Coursework Guidelines for Art History Major/Minor

Note: the following guidelines are subject to change. Please see your major/minor advisor for up-to-date information.

EAP Course Limits for Major

  • Total number of EAP Upper Division Courses that can be applied: 3 Upper or Lower Division

EAP Unit Limits for Minor

  • Please see your department counselor for more information.

UCLA Art History Department Contact

Marcelo Vazquez
Department Counselor
Office: 206A Dodd Hall
Telephone: 310-825-3992
Department website

To print this page, select "Print" from the File menu of your browser.