Skip Navigation

Theater Majors

Information for Theater Majors interested in EAP.

Why Study Abroad

As a theater major, you should consider studying abroad at one of the many universities around the world offering dramatic arts courses. Through this experience, you can enrich your overall artistic development by learning how other cultures explore different components of theater.

Where to go

The following are just a few of the universities where UCLA Theater students have taken courses related to their major:

  • University of Melbourne, Australia
  • Hebrew University, Israel (Program currently on hold)
  • UNAM, Mexico
  • University of Alcala, Spain
  • Complutense University, Spain
  • Royal Holloway, United Kingdom
  • University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
  • University of Dublin, Ireland
  • University of California at London, United Kingdom

There are plenty more options to choose from. In addition, the UC Education Abroad Program offers two special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.

UCLA Theater Department Contact Information

Student Services
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
102 East Melnitz Hall
Telephone: 310-206-8441
Department website

To print this page, select "Print" from the File menu of your browser.