- Globalization's Missing Middle
UCLA Magazine features an article on the effects of globalization on countries at different development levels by International Institute Vice Provost Geoffrey Garrett.
- Privatization and the IMF: IMF's Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval Wins Favor with Investors
A new study by Vice Provost Geoffrey Garrett demonstrates that the policy conditions the International Monetary Fund attaches to its loans increases the prices investors are willing to pay for state-owned assets privatized sold off by governments in developing countries.
- Globalization and Fiscal Decentralization
The international integration of markets and the decentralization of authority within nation states are two defining trends of the contemporary era.
- The Politics of WTO Dispute Settlement
Highlights the political foundations on which the apparent power and successes of the WTO are built, as well as the fragility of these foundations.
- Globalization, Democratization and Governmet Spending in Middle Income Countries
Geoffrey Garrett and David Nickerson