Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture with David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker
The UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations, the Daniel Pearl Foundation and the Yitzhak Rabin Hillel Center for Jewish Life at UCLA proudly present the 2012 Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture featuring David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker.
Monday, January 30, 2012
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Korn Convocation Hall, UCLA Anderson School of Management
Los Angeles, CA 90095
AUDIO: To listen to audio from the lecture click here.
NEWS: The Daily Bruin (Jan. 30, 2012)
NEWS: UCLA Today (Feb. 1, 2012)
NEWS: JewishJournal.com (Feb. 1, 2012)
NEWS: Patt Morrison on KPCC (Jan. 30, 2012)
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker since July 1998, began his reporting career at The Washington Post in 1982. He is the author of several books, including The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama, King of the World, Resurrection, and Lenin’s Tomb, for which he received both the Pulitzer Prize for nonfiction and a George Polk Award for excellence in journalism. He became a staff writer at The New Yorker in 1992 and has since written over a hundred pieces for the magazine. Since Remnick became editor, The New Yorker has won thirty National Magazine Awards.
- The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama. New York: Knopf, 2010.
- Reporting: Writings from The New Yorker. New York: Knopf, 2006.
- King of the World: Muhammad Ali and the Rise of an American Hero. New York: Random House, 1998.
- Resurrection: The Struggle for a New Russia. New York: Random House, 1997.
- The Devil Problem: And Other True Stories. New York: Random House, 1996.
- Lenin's Tomb: The Last Days of the Soviet Empire New York: Random House, 1993.
Admission for this event is free, however registration is required. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL RESERVED SEATING HAS BEEN BOOKED, BUT THAT STANDBY SEATING WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. ALL AVAILABLE SEATS WILL BE RELEASED AT 4:50 PM ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS
Parking will be available in Lots 4 and 5 (disabled only). Enter on Westwood Plaza from Sunset Boulevard. Pay-by-Space parking spaces are available and all day parking passes for $ 11, cash or credit. For a parking and venue map, please click here.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL GUESTS
- Arrive early, doors open at 4:30 pm
- Parking is available in Lots 4 and 5 (disabled only), $11.
- Admission will be handled on a first available basis
- No bulky video equipment or flash photography permitted
- No food or beverages permitted inside Korn Convocation Hall
- All vacant seats will be filled at 4:50 pm
- Details for this event are subject to change.
- Please check our website for last minute details prior to the event.
ABOUT THE DANIEL PEARL MEMORIAL LECTURE SERIES
In sponsoring the Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture Series, the Burkle Center for International Relations celebrates the memory of Daniel Pearl as a prominent journalist who dedicated his life to bringing joy and understanding to the world. Past presenters have included Christopher Hitchens, CNN's Anderson Cooper, Thomas Friedman of The New York Times, Daniel Schorr of NPR, and CNN's Larry King.
Cost: Free and open to the public
Sponsor(s): Burkle Center for International Relations, The Daniel Pearl Foundation and the Yitzhak Rabin Hillel Center for Jewish Life at UCLA