Students in the Latin American Studies Interdepartmental Program have the opportunity to focus their undergraduate and graduate education on this important region of the world
◦ Work with faculty to design a degree program to meet individual goals.
◦ Take courses in the professional schools, humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, and the fine arts
◦ Acquire the linguistic, methodological, and area expertise to succeed in public and private sector careers in business, government, education, the professions, and the arts
A distinguished faculty and extensive research resources make UCLA a national and international center for the study of Latin America
◦ Latin Americanist faculty in the arts, humanities, sciences, social sciences, and professions
◦ Major library, art, film, music, and museum collections focused on the region
◦ Innovation and excellence have been a hallmark of UCLA's Latin American Studies program since its inception
UCLA's location in Southern California enhances the development and impact of the Latin American Studies degree programs. Los Angeles has one of the country's largest Hispanic populations
◦ Numerous public and private educational, business, and cultural institutions have a long-standing interest in Latin America
◦ Linguistic, historical, economic, and demographic influences interact in Los Angeles to forge a truly multicultural society
Activities and Resources
UCLA offers one of the most extensive and diverse Latin American and Iberian academic programs in the country
◦ Participate in the array of programs and activities that focus on Latin America at UCLA
◦ Make use of the extensive research resources available to you
◦ Explore our Web site and related links to learn more about UCLA's Latin America Studies Interdepartmental Degree Program
During their time spent completing this program, students will also have the opportunity to present their work at the Annual International Institute Graduate Student Conference. With a transnational and interdisciplinary focus, Latin American Studies M.A. students are provided a unique experience and a specially tailored forum in which to engage experts on their research.
Going Global Conference
Launched in 2011, the UCLA International Institute’s Going Global Graduate Student Conference provides a forum for graduate students across disciplines to present their research that examines critically a wide variety of global issues from different angles and perspectives.
9th Annual UCLA International Institute Going Global Conference
Agency and Community in Combating Global Challenges
May 26th, 2022
The conference is on hiatus in 2022-23.
Please visit: http://uclagoingglobal.org.
Conference speaker Prof. Cindy Fan (bottom row, left) and the 2021 organizing committee
Please check our website for schedule information.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.