Please refer to this checklist when you have new employees and visitors
*ALL NEW EMPLOYEES MUST SEE PERSONNEL AND PAYROLL MANAGER ON OR
BEFORE THEIR FIRST DAY OF WORK. [11266 Bunche Hall, Ext. 53339]
1. Personnel Action Request (FOR EMPLOYEES)
• For hiring all employees go to https://www.international.ucla.edu/institute/article/1745 for form and instructions on how to correctly complete it.
• Check with your Fund Manager to ensure you have the correct account and sufficient funds.
• Forward the completed form to Personnel Manager.
• This must be done before employee starts.
2. Room Assignment
• Determine where employee will perform work. If an office request is necessary (for a visiting scholar) please contact the Institute Receptionist.
3. Key Assignment
• If employee will need a key, download this form http://www.international.ucla.edu/institute/article/1974 and forward to Institute Receptionist.
4. Email Account and Access to Drives
• If employee will need an email address inform Institute IT Office.
• If employee needs access to certain drives inform Institute IT Office.
5. Campus Directory (EMPLOYEES ONLY)
• If you would like your employee's name to appear in the Campus Directory see Departmental Security Administrator (Accounts Manager).
• If you would like your employee/visitor's name to appear in the Institute Directory see Institute Receptionist.
6. OASIS Access
• If employee will need access to the OASIS system see Departmental Security Administrator (Accounts Manager).