Students are eligible to receive up to $500 in travel funds. Conference paper abstracts must demonstrate how the applicant's project will advance the knowledge of MENA societies, histories, or cultures. Priority is given to projects with a focus on the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.
Winter & Spring Conferences (March - June)
Sunday, March 3, 2019, 11:59 pm (PST)
HOW TO APPLY
All elements of the fellowship application are online and must be submitted by the advertised deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. Any elements to be uploaded should be in DOC or PDF format, with the file extension appended.
1. Abstract (no more than 400 words): provide a title and description of your conference paper. Must demonstrate how your project will advance the knowledge of MENA societies, histories, or cultures (if this is not self-evident from the abstract, please ensure that you have addressed it in a few additional sentences). Must demonstrate how your project will advance knowledge of MENA societies, histories, or cultures. Include how your research will address pedagogical concerns or generate innovative approaches to teaching, and how it will engage and inform expertise and contribute to areas of national need including government service, business, the non-profit sector, and academia.
2. Confirmation of paper acceptance (no more than 4 pages): conference program or other proof (e.g. email from conference organizers) that your paper has been accepted for inclusion in the conference.
3. Itemized budget: documented estimate for travel may include lodging, ground transportation, meals, and airfare (include actual itinerary and quote from an airline or travel website). Please note that the use of funds for international travel requires at least 45 days advanced approval and must comply with the Fly America Act.
FELLOWSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• CNES travel grants may only be used to cover including airfare, conference registration fees, accommodation/hotel costs, and ground transportation costs, and meals & incidentals (up to university approved limits).
• All application materials must be submitted online by the advertised deadline. Any materials submitted in hard copy or via email will not be accepted or reviewed.
• Grantees will be reimbursed for travel after the trip is complete and will not receive travel funds in advance of the conference. Once travel has been completed, grantees must submit original, itemized receipts showing proof of payment (e.g. e-ticket or passenger receipt with form of payment clearly indicated; or a redacted credit card statement with conference airfare highlighted) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information regarding your research methodologies and how the grant enhanced your training and professional development. Allow three (3) weeks of processing time once you have submitted proof of payment.
• Grant information and application procedures:
Johanna Romero, CNES Program Manager, email@example.com
APPLY HERE: https://ucla.in/2MSNgYh