With support from the U.S. Department of Education, these grants are designed to support professional development and innovative language curriculum.
Awards consist of up to $500 in travel funds
Fall & Winter Quarter Conferences
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
Apply HERE: https://ucla.in/2oHsKDH
Spring Quarter & Summer Conferences
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
Apply HERE: https://ucla.in/2ml4tm2
HOW TO APPLY
All elements of the travel grant application are online and must be submitted by the advertised deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. Any elements to be uploaded should be in PDF format, with the file extension appended. Application elements include:
1. Professional development statement (no more than 1 page). Describe how your participation will allow you to:
a. Implement new pedagogical strategies or generate innovative approaches to language teaching.
b. Engage and inform students to better prepare them for careers including government service, business, the non-profit sector, and academia.
c. Advance language instruction and knowledge of MENA societies, histories, or cultures.
2. Itemized budget: documented estimate for travel may include lodging, ground transportation, meals, and airfare (include actual itinerary and quote from an airline or travel website). Please note that the use of funds for international travel requires at least 45 days advanced approval and must comply with the Fly America Act.
FELLOWSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• CNES travel grants may only be used to cover costs including airfare, conference registration fees, accommodation/hotel costs, and ground transportation costs, and meals (up to university approved limits).
• Grantees will be reimbursed for travel after the trip is complete and will not receive travel funds in advance of the conference. Allow three (3) weeks of processing time once you have submitted complete items below. If items are incomplete or if original receipts are not submitted or itemized, then it can significantly delay the reimbursement process.
• Once travel has been completed, grantees must submit original, itemized receipts showing proof of payment (e.g. e-ticket or passenger receipt or invoice with form of payment clearly indicated, itemized hotel invoice). If payment information is not listed on the receipt please submit a redacted credit card statement with conference cost highlighted.
• Grant information, application procedures, and submitted reimbursement materials to:
Johanna Romero, CNES Program Manager, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org